Saturday, September 1, 2012

Childhood Favorite, from my childhood

 Octopi on a Cloud

Did your mom every make you these when you we're a kid? No, OF COURSE NOT! That's because they were invented by my mama! And up until today have been a closely guarded Larsen Family secret. 
Well, boys and girls, hold tight because I'm about the blow the lid off of this mother!

I have such fond memory's of eating these and I hope that you're children will enjoy them as much as mine do.

Get out your hot dogs, what ever you favorite brand is.
Now, make 2 cuts to form four legs
Now, cut each leg in half so that you'll have 8 eggs.
Then toss them all into a pot of water and bring it to a boil.
While the Octopi are boiling make up some instant mashed potato's. I always like to add about 1/4 cup to the mashed taters because it gives it a nice little tang.
Boil the Octopi until the tentacles start to curl, once that happens their done. Take them out and place them on their clouds (mashed potatoes in case you were wondering). Be sure to give them eyes and a mouth, we served ours with corn on the side of course you can use any veggie you like.
When I fed them to Lissy at first she just sat there and giggled at it.
The girls thought it was great!

 ENJOY!
May your tummys always be full and you days filled with giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment