Friday, August 3, 2012

OUCH!

WARNING: T.M.I. AHEAD

It all started one sunny and hot afternoon. I had just sent the girls down for Q.T. (quite time) when I noticed a burning sensation right under my left nipple. It progressively got worse until I finally decided to get it checked out. A good friend of mine watched my princesses as my husband and I went in to the Urgent Care center to have them check out my breast. 

We checked, waited, called back for vials, waited, called back to our room, waited, spoke with a nurse, and waited some more. When the Doctor finally came in he asked me to show him what was wrong, so up came my shirt and down I laid as I described to him how this pain has suddenly came on during the after noon. The first question he asked was after noticing that a small lump had formed was of course "do you have a history of caner?" "No." I said as he starts probing the red lump. I squint and hiss in pain "is this sensitive?" he asks "Yes!" I reply, I've of coursed already mentioned SEVERAL times that the spot is VERY sensitive, but he keeps on poking and probing much like I would imagine an alien scientist would probe one of his victims.

I of course understand why he has to push so hard, but still.

The Doc. Finishes his exam and tells me "It's either Mastitis or Cancer, we'll start you on some antibiotics and ibuprofen and see if that helps. You need to follow up with your primary care manager to schedule a sonogram just to rule out cancer." I'm thinking "Mastitis? I haven't nursed for over a year!" Well guys and gals, that apparently does not mean you're in the clear. You can still get mastitis if any of your ducts get clogged by sweat or dirt or even old milk.

So, here I am. In the worse pain since labor and I have 3 kids to take care of.
I guess the moral of my story is that severe pain can strike at any time. Always be on guard.

As far as food go's, I haven't been cooking much but as soon as I make some yummies I'll post 'em.

May your tummy's always be full and your breasts never betray you.

No comments:

Post a Comment