Thursday, September 3, 2015

Super Simple & Super Fast Stir Fry Chicken & Veggies with Ramen Noodles.



 So cheap and so easy!


Dinner time can be major chaos in this house, what with 5 kids ages 8 and under plus my self and my Husband. When 5:00pm rolls around it's a safe bet that someones gonna be cryin' (probably me because I have to whip something up) 


Now, I normally meal plan so I don't have to worry about dinner time as much, but lately I just haven't had the motivation to do it. So I run into situations like tonight. I've made this dish for my family in the past so I knew they would like it, and it's so easy and pretty darn healthy (apart from all the sugar in the salad dressing :/ )







Luck truly was in my favor tonight because I had thought a day or two before to bring out some chicken breasts from the freezer so they would defrost and then I could use them in something. This is an American Chinese dish, so it's not very authentic, but it's still really yummy.
 First you cut up the thawed chicken breast in to bite size chunks then toss them in to a zip top bag and add to that the marinade, let that set in the fridge for about 30 minutes or as long as you want. I just had 30 minutes to spare so that's how long I did it for. 







Once the chicken is done marinating brown it in a pan (I used my wok) with some cooking spray or some other kind of oil. Once the chicken is no longer pink toss in the frozen veggies and more salad dressing then let that heat up. 

 Now add in the broken ramen pieces and let it call come to a simmer, turn it down to medium/low and let it reduce for about 10-15 minutes.



The Viola! You're done, and dinner is awesome. We like to eat it with our chopsticks cause it makes us feel fancy :D



Super Simple & Super Fast Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry.

Serves 6 full sized adults or 2 adults and 6 kids.
  1. 1 pound of raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
  2. 1 cup + 1/2 cup(reserved) of Kraft's Asian Toasted Sesame Salad Dressing
  3. 2 tablespoons white whine vinegar
  4. 2-3 cup frozen stir fry veggie mix
  5. 2 packets of ramen
  6. 1 cup hot water.
  7. Cooking Spray
Cut up the chicken breast into bite sized pieces then mix in a gallon zip top bag with 1 cup dressing and 2 tablespoons white whine vinegar, seal and shake the bag to coat the chicken then marinate for at least 30 minutes. 
Mean while warm up a wok or a dutch oven style pan over medium/high heat, coat the pan in cooking spray while it is warming up. Once fully heated (toss a drop of water into the pan, if the water "dances" then the pans ready) add in your chicken breasts and brown them. 
Now add in your stir fry vegetables and remaining half cup of dressing then mix give it a good mix to coat the veggies cook for five minutes uncovered.
Once the five minutes is up toss in the ramen and give it another really good mix to coat the ramen, then pour the hot water into the pan and turn the heat down to medium/low and let it simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to coat the noodles and the veggies in the sauce.

Serve hot and enjoy!


You're of course welcome to add Chinese dumplings or some spring rolls as a side, I just didn't have the time for that.

Hope you enjoy it, let me know if you give it a try.

What are your go-too dinners that you always keep on hand?


Ilsa B.
*DISCLAIMER* I am not being paid by Kraft to promote this product, it's just my favorite salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment