Friday, September 28, 2012

Mini Peanut Butter Brownies FAIL

Well, that was dumb.

This one I'll tell completely though picture captions!

So, it all started with this mess. Remember the amazing PB Cupcakes I posted about a little while back? Well, this goop was the first attempt at the frosting for said cupcakes. I added WAY to much peanut butter and then let it sit on the counter for a couple of hours until it started to ooze oil.
Now, I know that it's still perfectly fine, it's just not pretty which means I can't use it as a frosting for cupcakes. I then decided to use a box of brownie mix and this stuff to make these awesome little bite size treats that I was going to call "Brownie Peanut Butter Cups" I put a large star tip in the corner of a disposable pastry bag and then filled it with the gunk.
 
This is the brand I used, because it was on sale.

I decided that adding a Banana would make the brownies more moist and add a nice flavor.
 
Mashed Banana

I prepared the brownie mix according to the package direction, and added the mashed banana. That was my first mistake, I should have added the banana first then gradually added the other ingredients until it mixed up right.


I filled Tablespoon full batter into the mini wells *feels like I'm missing somethin* Looks good, oven is preheated to 350.
I squeeze the filling into the center of each little cake *still feels like I forgot something* they look awesome! I pop them into the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes. I take them out and cool them. When they're finally cool enough to eat I try to pop one out.

And then remember what it was I had forgotten. I had forgotten to grease the pan. Me, Ilsa! The gal who's been baking since I was like 6 forgot to freckin grease the pan!
You can imagine how frustrated I was. We managed to pry them out one at a time, they weren't pretty but MAN did they taste every bit as good as I had hoped. Next time I WILL grease the pan!

I hoped you enjoyed this Fail Friday post!

May your tummy's always be full and you kitchen a disaster.

P.S. Any new failures this week?

P.S.S. Don't forget to subscribe or join!

No comments:

Post a Comment